Our client is the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manages/leads the following aspects of Project Management Support
- Shop drawings, submittals, and engineering calculations review and approval
- Change order development and processing
- Requests for Information (RFI’s) responses
- Project progress, scheduling and invoicing tracking
- Financial planning and cost forecasting/scheduling
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities of projects to ensure that goals/objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters
- Develops and reviews project schedules, cost estimation, bill of materials, budgets, scope of work, standards and quotes from suppliers
- Supervises and tightly controls project implementation
- Closely monitors and controls projects to maintain the highest levels of Safety at all times
- Manages all parties involved (internal and external) and ensures professional project management from system design through construction and close-out phases
- Bachelor of Science degree in a related engineering discipline (e.g., electrical, mechanical), and 10+ years of related work experience in construction management or project management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess, at minimum, OSHA 30 certification.
- Experience in handling high volume and fast paced projects where tactful leadership and cooperation are crucial to cost-effective operation.
- Experience managing successful projects in the State and Federal Government sectors.
- Experience with construction law, contract terms & conditions and the enforcement of them.
- Experience at preparing estimates and value engineering.
- Must be proficient in project scheduling and the use of scheduling software, such as MS Project and Primavera P6.
- Experience in directing, supervising, training employees, assigning and directing work, conducting performance appraisals, disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving personnel problems.
- Expertise in all financial and GAAP accounting aspects of project management.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- All candidates must have the ability to professionally speak, read and write English
- Excellent understanding of engineering and construction documents and processes
- Expertise in engineering and construction methodology and the associated financial aspects. A PMP credential is preferred.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of cost estimating and budget projections
- Experience in dealing with a large and diverse number of problems, often simultaneously
- Ability to review schematic drawings and understand mechanical, electrical, plumbing and architectural plans and specifications
- Working knowledge and practical experience dealing with Distributed Generation and Micro-grid products, such as Solar, CHP, Fuel Cell, Back-up Generation, Battery Storage and CNG.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned