Director of Business Development
The Director of Business Development is responsible for targeting and securing project agreements with specific multi-site national companies across North America to achieve personal and Company revenue growth goals. This position will develop prospects into customers by continually improving our relationship across multiple levels / functions. The position requires experience selling services and an understanding of key financial concepts to communicate attractive solutions with buyer groups including C-level executives.
- Prospect for new customers, which includes:
- Identifying prospects that meet Company’s target account criteria in the areas of customer segment, industry segment, size, and prospect orientation.
- Identify and qualify project opportunities with new prospects, which includes:
- Developing a thorough understanding of prospect short-term and long-term financial objectives and needs as learned through discussions with prospect’s corporate and decentralized facility, energy, and executive management teams.
- Communicating Company’s capabilities to address prospect needs and objectives, and influence their lighting/energy strategies.
- Confirming mutual alignment between prospect needs and expectations and Company’s’s capabilities in the areas of scope of work, implementation model, timeline, and financial criteria.
- Identifying concerns and potential competitors while differentiating Company’s solutions based on prospect strategy and needs.
- Determining prospect key decision makers, financial budget, timing requirements and other pertinent decision criteria.
- Securing project approval, which includes:
- Addressing prospect questions regarding proposed project and outcomes.
- Negotiating final terms (financial, light levels, performance, and payment) of project and obtaining customer agreement to proceed with project.
- Adhering to internal territory planning and administrative tasks, which includes:
- Creating annual sales plan and providing updates on progress versus plan objectives on a regular basis.
- Maintaining company CRM database
- Establishing effective communications with Company's Management regarding sales initiatives, strategies, needs, and market intelligence that could affect sales efforts on a regular basis.
- Managing a personal development plan focused on continual personal growth and improvement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Previous track record navigating and closing National Accounts
- Proficient in selling complex solution projects involving mulit-site locations
- Strong Financial acumen
- 5+ years’ sales experience experience