Our client, a rapidly expanding Energy Services and Energy Solutions provider, is seeking a sales/business development executive to join the growing team in the California market.
This role will be responsible for selling complex energy savings projects into state and local government, K-12 schools, and universities. This client is also able to offer alternative procurement methods for the customer, expanding the portfolio of offerings on solutions beyond the traditional ESCO model.
- Prospect for new business, including working trade shows, researching via publications and the Web, involvement with numerous organizations including: Associations of School Board Officials and/or School Superintendents; Associations of Counties; Organizations of Cities and Towns; making cold calls and more
- Develop thorough knowledge of renewable energy industry, structure, opportunities, trends, and issues
- Cultivate effective business relationships and communicate full scope of solutions to meet customer business goals and achieve sales objectives, volume, and market share
- Meet standards for activities and results, including number of first calls, number of letters of authorization or intent, amount of sales and, ultimately, gross margin dollar goals
- Prepare and present professional proposals addressing all of the customers’ needs and concerns, including a financial proposal
- Monitor account plan progress, including market conditions, customer needs, and competitive activity
- Coordinate with state and federal government regulatory agencies when required