Our client is a global leader in smart street lighting and looking to increase their presence in United States. They are looking for an individual with experience and knowledge to drive business and position them as the leader for Smart City/Internet of Things applications in the US Market.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- This person will be the lead technical representative for complex network delivery projects
- The ideal candidate will have in-depth technical engineering experience within Smart Cities/Iot, Telecom, Controls or IT.
- The function of this role is work directly with customers to identify project requirements and participate in the sales and business development process to gain customer commitment.
- This person will develop and communicate full scope of products and solutions to meet customer goals and assist the team to achieve sales objectives, volume, and market share.
- Target potential customers, qualify and initiate contact, and develop relationships in order to acquire new accounts. Manage and develop reps and distributors.
- Work with engineering, other sales and marketing, and operational personnel to develop responses to customer RFP’s, and in negotiating and developing contracts.
- Determine and assess a customer’s needs, provide solutions, negotiate deals, bring sales to a close (Long-lead sales cycle management)
- 5 years of experience in a customer support engineering role in Smart Cities/IoT, Telecom, Controls, or IT
- Strong communications skills, customer relationship skills, and the ability to work with a team.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or a related field