Our client is a global leader in smart street lighting and looking to increase their presence in United States. They are looking for an individual with experience and knowledge to drive business and position them as the leader for Building Infrastructure and Smart City/Internet of Things applications in the US Market. This person will target municipal and public sector customers in North Carolina.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be responsible for prospecting and identifying new opportunities for the company
- Cultivate effective business relationships, identify customer needs, and communicate full scope of products and solutions to meet customer goals and achieve sales objectives, volume, and market share.
- Target potential customers, qualify and initiate contact, and develop relationships in order to acquire new accounts. Manage and develop reps and distributors.
- Work with engineering, other sales and marketing and operational personnel to develop responses to customer RFP’s and in negotiating and developing contracts.
- Determine and assess a customer’s needs, provide solutions, negotiate deals, bring sales to a close (Long-lead sales cycle management)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or a related field
- MBA or similar advanced education
- (7+) years' experience selling complex solutions preferably to city/municipal, and education customers. Exposure to and understanding of facility infrastructure
- Demonstrated success in achieving sales objectives as a Business Development Manager
- Exceptional interpersonal skills demonstrating professionalism, self-confidence, drive, and commitment with the ability to interact appropriately at all levels (including Chief Technology and Innovation officers) within an organization.
- Proficiency developing high level solutions sales
- Strong financial acumen
- Prior experience in smart grid, smart city, telecom or controls markets.
- Effectively coordinate internal resources to meet customer requirements
- Business travel approximately - 25%