Top leading electrical contractor is seeking a Project Manager candidate with experience designing complex electrical systems for a variety of customers. The successful candidate will report to the Electrical Division Manager and will be responsible for job estimating, job design, project management, and customer satisfaction. Strong communication skills are a necessity to work effectively with other team members as well as owners and architects. Benefits include health insurance, 401(k), and vacation time. Salary to be determined based on education and experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Estimate and sell electrical work for commercial construction projects
- Design-build per NEC and all electrical standards
- Direct and supervise activities of each project
- Ensure that all jobs are completed to the customer’s satisfaction
- Manage, plan, and coordinate projects to optimize the use of labor, materials, equipment and tools
- Secure subcontractors using standard subcontract agreements
- Survey job sites as needed
- Employ latest electrical codes, technology, techniques and practices
- Respond to customer service calls
- Follow all guidelines, policies and procedures established by the Company.
- Promote a safe and injury-free work environment for each project
- Attend jobsite meetings as required
- Plan, schedule, or coordinate construction project activities to meet deadlines and maximize productivity.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper construction procedures are being followed.
- Compile progress billings for the project and assist with payment, as needed.
- Price and process all change orders for each project.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes and environmental or other regulations.
- Manage activities during warranty timeframe.
Education: Two (2) year technical degree or similar experience in the electrical construction field. Bachelor’s degree preferred. CAD skills a plus.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Results oriented, competitive, customer service-oriented mind set
- Good knowledge of electrical construction industry
- Agile: Hands-on with ability to shift back and forth from self-reliance and personal accountability to cross-group collaboration while making others successful along the way. Capable of operating in a multi-site and matrixed environment. Adaptable and willing to adjust style to audience, learn and grow with the company.
- Organized: Sense of urgency with ability to set priorities and build action plans to drive timely execution. Thorough, methodical and result-oriented with great attention to detail. Able to combine the predictability of standard operating procedures with the flexibility of continuous process improvement.
- Ability to work as a team with a positive attitude and professional customer service skills
- Effective communication, troubleshooting skills
- Problem Solving: Able to identify patterns beyond noise or incomplete information by demonstrating a willingness to engage by asking questions. Attention to detail, able to segregate beliefs and assumptions from facts. Demonstrate strong judgment to turn information into insights, practical solutions and decision-ready recommendations.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Project, and electronic estimating software
- Proficient with Conest estimating program
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for proiding customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management: Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
Sponsorship unavailable for this position.
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance