Our client provides energy consulting services to commercial and industrial customers.
This sales professional will be responsible for prospecting, developing relationships with customers and acquiring new business.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Ability to identify, prospect and contact high-level decision makers in respective businesses and cultivate client relationships.
• Cultivate customer relationships with respective Fortune 500 companies.
• Develop energy plans and strategies for Fortune 500 companies, prepare presentations and close electricity sales transactions.
• Understand customers business objectives, price risk tolerances and work with internal resources to develop energy hedging strategies that match the customer’s needs.
• Outstanding communication skills with the ability to speak in front of groups and C-Level executives and senior decision makers.
• This sales role will be an inside/digital sales role for the foreseeable future. Candidate will need to possess excellent prospecting skills utilizing Phone, Email, Video and social media to prospect for new business.
• At any time, the role could become a more traditional field sales representative where face to face client and prospect meetings are required.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Business (Marketing or Finance) or Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in energy/electricity markets with an emphasis on marketing and/or sales.
- Business-to-business energy sales experience in electric and gas commodity, demand response, solar and energy efficiency products.
- Experience with and have senior level contacts at businesses.
- Experience presenting and closing high-level Fortune 500 customers
- Excellent organization and communication skills, the ability to multi-task and shift priorities as needed
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and experience using databases
- All candidates must have the ability to speak, read and write English.
- This is a remote position and will be based out of the candidate’s home. A professional work environment/home office space is required for the candidate to succeed in this role.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and be able to work independently and remotely.
- Candidate must have access to a home office as there will be no regional field office.