PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Conducts energy audits and prepares written proposals identifying potential energy conservation upgrades. Performs detailed analyses of costs and savings.
- Employs technical expertise to develop preliminary designs and estimates of cost and energy saving opportunities at customer's facilities. Provides technical and implementation recommendations to the customer.
- Creates detailed and comprehensive scopes of work that allow subcontractors to fully understand and accurately provide bids.
- Provide accurate internal MEP cost estimates for all ECMs to allow for price comparison against bids received.
- Create MEP schematic design drawings for bidding purposes.
- Select and specify all sizes and types of HVAC/R and Building Automation systems, for best fit and efficiency in developing projects.
- Supports sales team in developing and presenting energy savings proposals to customers.
- Implements company project control processes for projects in accordance with established cost, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Provides periodic status reports to management on project status and/or performance.
- Coordinates project turnover with Project Management.
- Demonstrates leadership in the area of safety. This requires observing and encouraging safe work behaviors.
Physical & Environmental Requirements
- Requires substantial time at various projects locations.
- Requires frequent (30%) overnight travel to customer facilities, may include auto, air, rail travel.
- Move autonomously, walking and standing for long periods, hearing, seeing, reading, and writing.
- Work independently and with people, speaking in front of groups and with individuals, customers, management, engineers, subcontractors, manufacturers, and suppliers, etc.
- Grasp, reach, feel, and finger dexterity.
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Work both indoors and outdoors, in hot or cold conditions, and around construction project sites.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in engineering and/or business-related discipline and 8 years of relevant work experience in the evaluation and implementation of energy conservation projects with technical solutions at customer site locations.
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration, Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and/or LEED Accreditation preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop complex energy conservation saving projects.
- Detailed knowledge of heating, ventilating, air conditioning (HVAC), electrical systems, and process related systems in commercial, industrial, governmental, hospital, and laboratory buildings.
- Experience in developing energy conservation projects involving renewable energy technologies, large prime movers such as combustion turbines, biomass and landfill gas facilities.
- Knowledgeable of the steps required for project commissioning.
- Experience in the development of customer proposals, vendor agreements, and subcontractor contracts.
- Knowledge of and experience in energy conservation programs with the Federal Government through Super ESPC and/or Area-wide contract vehicles and with FEMP/IPMVP Measurement and Verification guidelines and protocols.
- Experience in customer presentations, including excellent writing skills.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with an entire project team to develop and present proposals, obtain customer buy-in, and help to transition smoothly to implementation.
- Proficiency on the use of computer-based applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and project database applications.
- Ability to perform load calculations and energy analyses using industry modeling software programs including Carrier Hourly Analysis Program, eQuest, and/or Trane Trace.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment (internal/external).
- Effective leadership skills.
- Must possess valid driver's license.
- May be subject to government security investigation
- Must meet eligibility requirements for access to government facilities.