View all jobs
Director of Solar + StorageBoston, Massachusetts
- Evaluate, develop, and implement battery storage projects and battery storage plus solar projects, with a focus on behind-the-meter solutions.
- Develop and optimize project characteristics including system sizing, financial returns, and revenue streams.
- Develop project value proposition that reflects load profile, applicable tariffs, layered revenue streams, and avoided costs.
- Coordinate closely with business development staff to develop and implement effective lead campaign strategies.
- Oversee project permitting, utility interconnection, site control, and tax agreement negotiation.
- Actively manage project schedule and budget to ensure timely and cost-effective projects.
- Manage external consultants as needed in conjunction with project development and construction.
- Effectively communicate with project stakeholders to facilitate project implementation.
- Support finance, engineering, and construction teams to facilitate successful project financing and construction.
- Support development of sales presentations, proposals, and other materials as needed to support project development efforts.
Experience and Qualifications
- Education equivalent to a BA/BS from an accredited college in engineering and 5+ years work experience
- Experience in development and construction of solar, battery, and solar/battery combination systems with a focus on behind-the-meter systems for commercial, industrial and government buildings
- Experience in development of customer proposals, vendor agreements, and subcontractor contracts
- Proficiency in the use of computer-based applications including Microsoft Suite and data analytics software
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to speak professionally and convey information clearly in client presentations