We are seeking a consultative, financially oriented, solutions-based Senior Sales Executive to identify and close customer focused energy efficiency and sustainability-based project solutions for the federal government.
The Senior Sales Executive will proactively identify, qualify, develop, and close new business opportunities. The focus of this sales-based position is the development and implementation of integrated, performance-based energy and sustainability project engagements for existing facilities with a focus on Department of Defense, Department of Veteran Affairs, Civilian Agencies etc.
The Senior Sales Executive is responsible for organic revenue generation by securing and delivering signed project engagements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively engages prospects to articulate and position the overall value associated with an integrated, performance-based energy and sustainability-based project solution for customer facilities by aggressively qualifying the prospect and opportunity.
- Develops and implements market specific sales strategies and tactics focused on securing organic business with target accounts, prospects and key decision makers
- Leverages existing market contacts and relationships to drive direct and indirect prospecting and business development.
- Facilitates customer meetings clearly articulating and positioning value proposition and areas of differentiation
- The ability to proactively motivate decision makers by developing and delivering compelling customer centric presentations.
- Establishes the overall sales strategy for each customer engagement. Horizontal management of all internal functional teams ensuring all project deliverables align with the established sales strategy while addressing the customer needs and expectations.
- Establish and maintain a sustainable sales pipeline of qualified opportunities aligning with achievement of annual sales quota
- Deliver signed project implementation contracts to achieve annual sales quota
- Develops the reputation as the Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Expert within your market through ongoing customer interaction and speaking opportunities combined with strategic participation in key trade shows, conferences, seminars, trade associations and networking opportunities.
- Documented history of developing and closing complex, solution based, financially oriented project engagements exceeding $10,000,000 in project-based revenue
- Direct sales experience successfully originating new business within at least one of the following industries: energy efficiency/sustainability, mechanical contracting (design/build), , consulting engineering, architecture, original equipment manufacturer, and/or financial services
- Ability to develop, cultivate, maintain and leverage contact networks and business relationships
- An expert in lead generation, prospecting, qualification and opportunity cultivation
- Proficiency in penetrating and navigating executive level stakeholders and decision makers
- Possess conceptual selling skills accompanied by a strong financial/business acumen
- Successful track record of effectively developing and managing a large sales territory
- Experience managing sales cycles in excess of twelve (12) months
- Demonstrated success in originating, negotiating and closing complex business transactions
- Excellent computer, written and oral communication skills
- Superior interpersonal and group presentation skills
- Ability to work independently not requiring daily direction
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group and across corporate functional teams