This position is a member of the Commercial Specification Sales Team and reports to the Director of Sales of Lighting Controls. The primary responsibility is to create value for our customers. We want to alleviate customer pain points via design and application solutions stemming from our wide range of lighting and controls products. As a Business Development Manager, you will manage sales operations for major customers in the ESCO, large blue chip brands, and fortune 500 companies.
• Ability to work with and meet deadlines, handle concurrent tasks/projects; and multi-task.
• Ability to collaborate with internal and external customers.
• Responsible for sales development and results in the assigned region.
• Develop a sales plan to deliver agreed targets, delivering bottom line results and agreed margin with long-term project planning as well as delivering on short-term goals.
• Identify and manage a network of ESCO, end user, blue chip brand, and fortune 500 customers and builds an annual market strategic penetration plan to show clear objectives and to meet growth targets.
• Meet with lighting Sales Agent leaders to develop and firmly establish market presence and show commitment to develop their business in the general illumination market.
• Fiscal responsibility for general lighting controls, LMS, OT, LE activity within region.
• Follow, analyze and review industry, market and sales trends to assist in identifying emerging segment formats and/or prospective accounts.
• Using market knowledge, experience and insights from customers, actively executes successful and profitable introduction of new products and assists cross functional teams with new product development.
• Schedule, prepare and deliver sales presentations to targeted partners and accounts identified.
• Provide value added solutions to customers by working collaboratively with other organizational resources.
• Make sales calls to develop and maintain business relationships with 80% of time out of the office in face to face meetings. Travel is a key part of the job and overnight stays are required.
• Apply a logical and processed approach whilst remaining flexible and entrepreneurial in nature insuring that the customer’s voice is not lost within the internal noise of the company.