Our client is an innovative LED Manufacturer seeking a Director of Sales who will be responsible for growing and leading a Sales Team throughout the Northeast.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and grow existing business through ESCOs & Lighting Contractors
- As part of National expansion effort, recruit, hire and train additional outside salespeople. Train rep force and hire new agents where needed.
- Individual should be comfortable calling on and presenting to persons from senior level executives down to field level operatives
- Understand complex customer requirements on both a business and technical level
- Sell the economic, energy and environmental savings provided by product
- Source leads in order to expand the sales portfolio
- Foster client trust as an energy savings expert by selling the cost savings of the solutions that reflects the clients return on investment (ROI)
- Utilize existing relationships with ESCO accounts to generate new business.
- Work with existing rep network to strengthen relationships with ESCOs
- Execute quoting process through collaboration with sales resources
- Work with Marketing team to develop & execute marketing programs
- Develop deep understanding of the current and future product offerings. Provide market feedback to new product development process.
- Work with the Company’s rep’s to support their sales efforts.
- Develop custom solutions for unique project challenges.
- Grow market share nationally
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word applications
- 5+ years related experience selling at the c-level using a consultative selling approach
- Candidate must have a strong understand the ESCO landscape in the given geography
- Experience selling to energy services companies and lighting retrofit companies is highly beneficial
- Contracting experience with local, state, federal government and large academic institutions would be beneficial
- Ability to work and travel throughout state/region