Our client is a global lighting manufacturer currently seeking a Business Development Manager to manage and grow the Midwest territory of rep agencies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work with and meet deadlines, handle concurrent tasks/projects; and multi-task.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external customers.
- Responsible for sales development and results in the assigned region.
- Develop a sales plan to deliver agreed targets, delivering bottom line results and agreed margin with long-term project planning as well as delivering on short-term goals.
- Identify and manage a network of Sales Agents and builds an annual market strategic penetration plan to show clear objectives and to meet growth targets.
- Meet with lighting Sales Agent leaders to develop and firmly establish market presence and show commitment to develop their business in the general illumination market.
- Fiscal responsibility for general lighting controls. Special emphasis on Light Management Systems, drivers and LED components.
- Follow, analyze and review industry, market and sales trends to assist in identifying emerging segment formats and/or prospective accounts.
- Schedule, prepare and deliver sales presentations to targeted partners and accounts identified.
- Provide value added solutions to customers by working collaboratively with other organizational resources.
- Make sales calls to develop and maintain business relationships with 80% of time out of the office in face to face meetings. Travel is a key part of the job and overnight stays are required.
- Bachelor’s Degree. MBA a plus.
- LEED accredited, LC and/or PE preferred
- Proven interpersonal skills and customer focus.
- Highly motivated, possess creative problem solving skills and can demonstrate a proven track record of success in previous employment.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills including fluent use of Microsoft office suite, CRM and custom software applications.
- 5-10 years’ experience within the lighting and lighting control industry with established key account contacts/relationships.
- Knowledge of general illumination, technology and sustainability is a must along with a clear demonstration of leveraging your existing network.
- Competitive base salary plus bonus structure.
- Healthcare benefits.
- Company car.